Monday 26 April 2010

Herschel for Admin?

Wow. I had been about to post another "stop being quiet" post (and yes, I know Aliana came back and was annoying again but she's already gone away again so there's no point). Instead, Southern Belle nominates Herschel for admin!

First, in case anybody hasn't got it, "Herschel" refers to "Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski", which is Krusty the Clown's full name (from The Simpsons). It's a shit nickname and I hope to come up with something funnier, but there are no famous Danish clowns - something I hope Krusty doesn't rectify.

Two "yay" votes so far. Southern Belle obviously voted yes as nominator, and Corevette789 decided to vote without waiting for Herschel's responses to the questions - not that they are likely to tell us anything we don't already know. Except the recipe one.

I won't be voting, but if I did it would be a "yes". Krusty obviously knows what he is doing and has spent more time checking stuff than anybody with the possible exceptions of TGD and Pious. The one concern is over his standard of English, but that was more a concern for the patroller role than admin, where the emphasis is on trustworthiness and sense than spelling.

He is certain to be confirmed. The only "nay" vote will come from EtOT, and even he might not bother since the result is a foregone conclusion.

11 comments:

  1. Not only did I vote early I misspelled Definitely while I was at it. But I have seen his work and knew he was ready for Adminship. I don't think Elliot could come up with an objection either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neutral, he won't let that whole IP editing thing go

    ReplyDelete
  3. And rpeh smacks elliot upside the head....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I missed that last comment. That was a good post from TGD - restrained rather than ranting for once. It seems that TGD and I guilted EtOT into supporting Herschel anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So if I Opposed, you would have gotten the credit for being 'right.'

    If I Supported, you would get the credit for 'guilting me' into supporting him.

    Funny. I had intentions to support him from the beginning, I just felt like he needed to finally say something about wiki procedure.

    There is a time for restraining oneself, but you it isn't restraining when you never do it or want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right. It's what's called a win/win situation. I knew perfectly well you would be reading this and voting despite your repeated claims to be "done" with both UESP and this blog.

    It was nice to see how you ran back as soon as you got your well deserved block at Wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was only a 12 hour block. Post hoc ergo propter hoc. I think you would know that, seeing you like Latin and all. (However, it is a sign of a troll to ignore all arguments for the sake of insulting someone.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made almost as many edits during that 12 hour period as you did during the previous month.

    Quod erat demonstrandum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cough* witch is what you're doing*cough

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cough*yousuckatspelling*cough

    ReplyDelete
  11. For the benefit of people who don't know Latin:

    Post hoc ergo propter hoc - After it, therefore because of it.

    Quod erat demonstrandum - [That] which was to be proved.

    ReplyDelete