Tuesday 11 January 2011

Krusty... the Vicious?

I hope this is a one off problem, but it seems UESP's newest admin, Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski, has picked up something of the Rawtwat.

It started when the user "Lucil Hellsing", who joined in October 2010, annoyed some people, then disappeared again after 7 November, popped back up again. In response to a particularly idiotic suggestion from Pengepi that UESP should cover Fallout 3, Lucil popped in to tell him off, then kept on and on about it in a series of several posts too boring to link to.

Serial irritant Rigas Papadopoulos was involved too, and there was a huge argument ranging over the talk pages of all three users that's almost impossible to track.

The result was that Krusty blocked Lucil (and must have come damn close to blocking Rigas too). All fine so far, but then he went and posted this. That is far too close for comfort to the smug sort of messages Rawtwat the Vicious used to post when he was at his most revolting.

Lucil had made one or two useful contributions during her brief return. For instance she spotted that there were mistakes on a Tamriel Rebuilt page. I don't play that mod so I can't judge myself, but since The Great Deceiver reinstated her edits along with some other stuff, it seems as if she was right. (Incidentally, if that poem is representative of the standard of writing in Tamriel Rebuilt I'm quite glad I've never downloaded it).

My point in straying off topic is that there was no need for such a sarcastic post-block comment. All I can say is that I hope this was an aberration on Krusty's part and not the start of a descent into Rawtwatism.

No comments:

Post a Comment