Saturday 28 April 2012

Reason for my Break

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, but I thought I ought to explain my absence.

When Skyrim came out I was as excited as anyone else, but once I started playing the game I felt let down. While rpeh was gushing about the game on the UESP blog I was plodding through it getting bored and wishing Bethesda would write a new game instead of repackaging the same one Since Morrowind there's been Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim... and they're all the same. Sure, in Fallout there are guns instead of swords, but I thought with Skyrim they would take the opportunity to do something really different. No such luck.

That, combined with Daveh's inability to spot a dirty great firewall around his site meaning I couldn't access UESP, meant I could move on and do other things. After a few weeks away I discovered I didn't miss any of it. That was why I appointed a lackey, but he seems to have gone AWOL.

The latest hypocrisy and idiocy was impossible to ignore, but I don't know how long I'll be watching.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I could give you something to post about.

    ReplyDelete