Monday 31 May 2010

Tempora Mutantur

A Brief History of Time UESP Template Improvements:
Nephele, 20 March 2009: I've got these great ideas to improve our templates.
Rpeh, 20 March 2009: Wow those look great but "my biggest concern is the impact on the database"
Nephele, 20 March 2009: Dun worry, I iz teh uberl33t hax0r! All your base, etc...
Rpeh, 16 May 2010: Dave, I think we have a problem.
Daveh, 17 May 2010: Yeah, HAL, I think we got it.
Rpeh, 17 May 2010: I'm feeling very enthusiastic about the mission.
Rpeh, 23 May 2010: Uh-oh Daveh. The AE35 unit is about to undergo critical failure.
Frank Poole, 23 May 2010: Yeah, Houston we have a problem.
Nephele, 30 May 2010: Okay, you know I said my code wouldn't cause these problems?
UESP Servers: Daisy... Daisy... give.....me.....your......answer...........do..........

2 comments:

  1. Okay, very amusing on the 2001 linkup.

    If Nephele thinks there may be a link then it's great that she's fixed it but that doesn't detract from the fact that RobinHood and I have made a LOT of use of the MetaTemplate stuff and not hit any site-breaking problems.

    I don't think there's much doubt that it has been a *HUGE* benefit to the site.

    ReplyDelete