Wednesday 14 October 2009

New Name for Elliot the Thick?

We have our first comment, courtesy of Elliot the Thick!

When I made yesterday's post, I was trying to come up with a good final line when the thought occurred that I could engage in a little experimentation. "Could I", I mused, "get a response from EtT given that he can never stop himself rising to the bait on UESP?" So I added what I knew to be an incorrect statement in the last line and sat back to watch. Lo and behold, out comes Elliot the Thick with a link to the WP policy page in question. The new name for Elliot is "Elliot the Thick and Predictable".

A couple of points here. First, if you think I'm making this up - you will find that I turned anonymous comment posting on immediately after making that post because I knew the snivelling little git would only post anonymously. Second, I've been an administrator on Wikipedia since before your testicles descended (always assuming...) so I'm well aware of the policy. Third, this is exactly why Elliot is unsuitable for any kind of role on a wiki - he can't help arguing with people more intelligent than him (ie, 100% of the population plus about 50% of the world's species of fruit).

And in case you're wondering - no I'm not changing his name, although "Elliot the Really Thick" might work.

2 comments: